Saturday, January 14, 2012

♫ ♪ Knick Knack Paddy Whack, Give Your Dog a Bone ♪ ♫

Actually giving your dog a bone can be a rather controversial topic in some circles.  As I was making a pot of ham and bean soup today with the big bone from my Christmas dinner that I had in my freezer, I was reminded of a conversation that my sister, Pam, and I had last summer.  At that time, she had two dogs and was wondering about giving her dogs an occasional bone to chew on.  We had both been raised being told you should never give a dog a bone.  Bone shards might impact in their intestines and kill them.  We both had never heard of this happening to a dog, and she related how she knew dogs that ate bones all the time.

IMG_5708Well, today I decided to let Emma have that leg bone from the soup.  She immediately took it into the woods to gnaw away on it.  I guess I’ll see how good this decision was.  Do you feed your dog big bones?

_MG_5664 IMG_5714

After a week of being up, the little birds in the area are beginning to discover my bird feeders.  The recent cold snap we’ve had has helped I’m thinking.  It got down into the twenties for most of the night last night.

Had to make a quick trip back to Walgreens this morning to return two of the three pairs of sweat pants that I bought yesterday.  Needed a smaller size with those two.  Smile Also picked up a wine order I had made in town. Open-mouthed smile 

I would like to let everyone know that I do read all of the comments you leave, and investigate suggestions that are made to me.  There is such a body of knowledge out there in blogland.  For instance, thanks to EVELYN, I now know that I have to sign up on-line with Redbox to rent those movies.  I’m thinking it won’t be long before I get to watch “The Help”.  Unlike AL, I prefer to watch movies in my rig.  The full screen and sound in the theater is just too loud for my ears to stand, and I really prefer the option of putting things on pause so I can get up and move around if I like.  I also have to admit that paying a buck for a DVD is a lot more appealing to me than paying the price at a movie theater. 

_MG_5719

“Knick knack paddy whack, give your dog a bone.  This old woman goes rolling home.”  Without any regrets, I hope.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy