Monday, December 26, 2011

Coming up with plan D?

Aw shucks!  It was another wet, cold, and dreary day today.  That makes six in a row.  I find I am less and less interested in doing anything the longer the dreariness persists.  I’ve only taken three pictures in the last three days, so tonight’s photos are retreads from my time here at Anahuac. 

_MG_3984

My original ‘Plan A’ was to leave here today, and take my time getting to Mississippi Sandhill Crane NWR (MSCNWR) by the end of the year.  I scrapped that plan several weeks ago.

_MG_4060

‘Plan B’ was to leave this coming Friday and caravan with my friends, John and Diana, to MSCNWR.  They will be volunteering there also.  It turns out that Diana has to stay in the area longer for some physical therapy, so I scrapped that plan too. 

_MG_4347

In the meantime, I made an appointment for Emma to have a spa day for a bath and nail trim for tomorrow.  That meant I had changed my plans once again to leave on Wednesday.  That would be ‘Plan C’.

_MG_4814

Well that may just come under the axe as well.  My latest plan involved spending several nights at Tickfaw State Park in Louisiana before beginning another volunteer stint.  I went on line today to check out campsite availability, and found nothing available.  What?  I gave them a call, and sure enough; the campground is closed for a month as they repave the road in.  Annoyed

_MG_4869

Okay, so I switched to Lake Fausse Pointe State Park instead.  There seems to be a lot to see in that area as well, and the park looked very nice.  Checked with availability on line, and once again got skunked for my time frame.  Are you kidding me?  So I gave them a call since Reserve America sometimes does funky things, but in this case it was true.  Nothing is available until after the first of the year.  Looks like I need a ‘Plan D’.

_MG_4923

So here’s my dilemma tonight.  I could still leave on Wednesday, and stay at a private campground somewhere east of Lafayette, LA, and then head for MSCNWR on Thursday.  I’m really not interested in a private campground for more than one night, so that would mean pushing on to my destination on Thursday.  Or, I could stay here until Sunday, and then do the state park trip to Lake Fausse Pointe with a stay of four nights or so.  I’ll be mulling over my options tonight.  What’s your vote?

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy