Friday, February 24, 2012

I sneezed twice today

To most people, two sneezes spaced out over an afternoon would not be a noteworthy occurrence.  However, in my world, it could be a sign.  I often have sneezing attacks in the evening that include about twenty or so sneezes in a row.  I don’t think those little attacks have anything to do with the rig, as I’ve had them for years no matter where I am or what I might be living in.  As for the two isolated sneezes I had today, let me digress a little.

 IMG_6284Last weekend my friends, and fellow volunteers, Diana and John attended a couple of Mardi Gras parades.  They got out all the beads that they caught from the parades to pose for a family portrait with their dog Buffy.  (I wanted to post a picture of Diana so you’ll know who I’ll be working with, and mentioning in my posts, for the next couple of months)

IMG_6292

This happened while my daughter, Robyn, and grandgirl Avery were visiting.  It seemed only fitting that we also got a portrait.  (Avery was napping at the time)  Emma wore the beads, but her expression seems to be one of disgust for me asking her to wear those beads.  Annoyed

Anyway, so what does all this have to do with two sneezes?  Well, both Robyn and Avery had congestion and coughing while they were here from colds.  I believe the normal time for contracting a cold is about a week after exposure to the germs, and it’s been just about that long.  And many of you know about the close confinement and sharing of most everything in a motorhome.  The noteworthy part of all of this is that I haven’t had a cold since 2003!  Yep, I can remember the last time I had a cold. 

I probably would have ignored those two sneezes, but this evening I have a funny feeling in my nose and throat, and that’s not a good thing.  Aw shucks!  This is not the way I wanted to remember their visit.  I don’t have time to get sick.  I’ve got my Mentholatum, Puffs, and chicken noodle soup all ready just in case, but I’m hoping it’s just a figment of my imagination.  I don't know smile

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy