Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tested the waters today

After spending the last week or so in excruciating pain, and confined to the rig, I decided to test the old back out and make a run to town today.  After all, I was in need of two essential items: dog food and toilet paper.  Can’t live without either right now.  Granted, I really didn’t run, but I have a stick shift car which means pushing the clutch in numerous times.  That can be tricky with a bad back. 

Well, I’m here to report that I lived through that journey, and I think my back may be a little better for having tried.  We’ll see how it goes when I try to sleep tonight.  Sleeping has been pretty illusive the last week.  I haven’t posted in several days because there has been nothing to report except my moaning and groaning. 

While I’ve been laid up, my friend Colin left and is now safely back in England.  Next week, he and his wife will be heading for a multiple week trip to Australia.  I’m jealous of that.  I’ve always wanted to visit Australia.

Tomorrow, two more volunteer rigs will be pulling in.  I’m slated to train two of the folks in the operation of the VIS this weekend.  I plan to be well enough to do that.  Stephanie, the volunteer coordinator, has been very understanding of my condition during all of this.  I have felt no pressure at all to return to work before I’m ready.  It’s no wonder I continue to return to this refuge.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy