Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Two ho-hum days

I’ve used yesterday and today to recuperate from working the VIS this weekend.  While the pain in my back is much better, it is still a constant companion.  In between remaining prone on the couch, I’ve been taking care of ordinary chores around the rig like laundry and meal preparation.  I even tackled using the vacuum today.  It was a chore that was not possible for me to do last week.

Today started with the electricity going out about 7:30 for over three hours.  It’s been in the 80’s and very humid, so I took this as an opportunity to exercise the generator.  At least that’s done for the month.  It kicked right in, and I was able to stay very comfortable during the outage. 

The forecast for this afternoon was for high winds, severe storms, and possible tornadoes.  I put away my outside furniture and battened down the hatches.  Apparently Houston got plenty of rain, but all we got was dark skies and a few drops of rain.  Houston is about 27” behind in rain this year, and the refuge could have also used a good dousing.  The skies rumbled and Emma trembled, but all for naught.  The winds have even quit.

The result of no winds is that I got five mosquito bites taking Emma out after dinner.  They even bit through my thick socks!  Ugh!  I hate mosquitoes.

I’m hoping to do something more interesting tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy