Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Counting the days

In four days I’ll be heading out from the refuge with my volunteer stint over with.  Toward the end of each volunteering assignment I seem to get short-timers attitude.  I’m pretty much tired of being here, and am ready to move on.  Being stuck in the Visitor’s Center for the last six weeks or so, and being ill has just heightened my desire to put this place behind me.

_MG_7768

As Sunday morning approaches, I’ll be all revved up and a nervous wreck until I’m well underway down the highway.  After the first day’s drive, I usually settle down into a calmer traveling mode.

_MG_7773

Tomorrow begins the slow packing up of outside items.  I’ll probably even take down the feeders, so this afternoon I spent a little time trying to get those last shots at the Hard Rock Bird Café.

_MG_7756

Lots of blue jays have been all over the woods since the first day I arrived back in January, but today was the first time one visited the Café. 

_MG_7757

In years past I’ve offered the interns at the places I’ve been at a nice chunk of change to wash and wax my rig for me.  I did the same thing here, only upped the anti since I’ve got a bigger rig now.  Since interns are paid next to nothing for their time, they usually jump at the chance to earn some extra money.  Not so here.  These interns didn’t show the slightest flicker of interest.  Sad smile 

_MG_7758

Shucks!  It was another of those great plans that went awry!  Oh well, I’ll at least get the windows all sparkling.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy