Thursday, March 7, 2013

Letters/44

Dear Workspace, this is how you look for the month of March. I think I could get used to this. Too bad April will come all too soon and classes will be loaded on. I'm enjoying the quiet morning of writing and coffee while I can. 
Dear Friend, before you left you showed me just about the most amazing thing to ever happen to my morning coffee. Pour milk in a french press, pump it until the milk doubles in size, making it nice and frothy. Who needs a coffee shop?
Dear Hubs, you suddenly got a fever and um...stomach issues just as we were sitting down for a homemade Indian meal. I know you were so bummed to not be able to eat any of it but I'm glad you're feeling better!
We tackled the tallest peak on the island! Woot!
Dear Mentioned Indian Family, you rock my socks off. Not only do you open your home and stuff our bellies full of amazing homemade Indian food but you also have the greatest natural remedies for illnesses. Can you come play nurse when I get sick? *by the by* I'm starting to like natural remedies versus medicine. How do you feel about them? Dear Zeke, you waited here by the door for hours while I was away at a girl's night. Loyalty + cuteness. One of the many reasons you turned me into a cat person.
Dear Goodbyes, you've started once again and will continue to the end of the month. I'm grateful for the time that I was able to spend with these amazing people and for all the awesome going away parties and get togethers it produces but couldn't they stay a bit longer? Dear New Job, you're a little strict on the security. Just a tad bit different than walking into my previous academies with kids screaming and running around. It may take a little bit to get used to this.
Dear Textbook, I don't understand how this question and answer correlate appropriately for an elementary textbook. Thank you Korea for continuing to confuse me with your children's textbooks.

Happy weekend! I just finished my first week of work at my new job and I am in love! For the month of March we have half classes so I'm only teaching in the shipyards academy which is made up of 18-19 year olds who are training for work in the shipyard. They're so much fun to talk to and teach and it has made me really excited for this job switch. And in other news, we found an apartment! Woot! Moving day is on Saturday and we couldn't be more excited about it! I'll post more news on that and pics next week.

PS, I'm guest posting today over at Fierce, Fabulous and Fit about our favorite stories from living abroad. Go check it out!

Linking up with Ashley, Lauren, Jean, Amelia, Chrissy, Michelle