Sunday, June 23, 2013

Rushing Water and Lines of Rope

I never thought that I would be able to mark 'repel down waterfalls' off my bucket list. Then again, it was never on my bucket list to begin with. But leave it to hubs to find a new activity that I have never heard of and make me fall in love with it. 

When we arrived in the Philippines, hubs only had one thing planned and that was repelling...down waterfalls. The gist of it was that we took about an hour ride in the beast, hiked for 45 up the side of a mountain and then hiked/repelled down waterfalls on the Montaneza River until we reached the bottom. We repelled down a total of five waterfalls, the largest of them being 30 meters. 

The walk up the mountain was a little less than enjoyable. The views were fantastic, the company was great, but walking uphill for 45 minutes in what my guess was 100% humidity was not my idea of fun.
moalboal, philippines
moalboal, philippines
With it being low season right now in the Philippines, we were actually the only two that had signed up for the trip. This was great because we not only could we go at our own pace, but we got to know our guides a whole lot better. 
moalboal, philippines
moalboal, philippines
This was just one of the many 'iffy' walking paths that we had to take. Good thing we had helmets on!
moalboal philippines
moalboal philippines

After we were finished, we ended back where we had started and the driver had prepared a feast of a  meal including fruit, barbecue chicken and fish, rice wrapped in bamboo and and my favorite, shandies. I tried to get hubs to stay behind so he could learn how to cook but it was a no go. 
moalboal philippines
I couldn't get over the landscape in the Philippines. Everything was lush and green when we went and the areas around the river were astounding. I would highly recommend if you ever make it over to the Philippines, find a spot to go repelling! 
--------------------


About BelindaHello lovely little jelly beans! My name is Belinda and I am the writer behind the creative space of Found Love, Now What? I moved from Seattle to Northern Wales all to be with my British husband. I write on travels throughout the UK and beyond, life as an expat, advice on long distance relationships and more. Hop on over and say hello. I look forward to meeting you!

Her Favorite Trip: That is a tough question Chelsea! Hmm.... of all the places I have seen and visited I would have to say that one spot that would make my short list would have to be Istanbul. I loved the combination of the different elements of history, design, colors and cultures. I was mesmerized. I hope the dissent in Istanbul is resolved soon so the city can welcome visitors back with open arms.
Bloglovin' // Twitter // Facebook

Linking up with  CarissaRachelLoganLeann, Molly