Saturday, May 19, 2012

A resolution I never dreamed of.

After reading all the helpful suggestions people made about my kayak mishap, I went outside this morning to pull the kayak all the way out of the bag to take some pictures of the mouse hole. 

_MG_8169                                   This is it.  It’s about three inches long and two inches wide.  Sad smile

As I pulled it entirely out, I discovered more destruction.  Perhaps one hole could have somehow been repairable.

_MG_8166 _MG_8167

On the opposite side I found an even larger hole and a mouse nest.  It seems a female mouse had taken up residence, and brought in plenty of bird seed and shredded paper and such.  Yuck!  My hopes of finding repair solutions slowly sank.

In the meantime, I had been emailing Jeanne and Eldon (Where’s Eldo bloggers).  They are also in the area, and had planned to come over to my site this evening for a cookout.  As I got back on the computer, I found that Jeanne had sent me another email.  In it she said they would like to give me an extra Sea Eagle 330 that they had.  What’s that you say??  Jeanne is the kayaker in that pair, and it seems that the 330 came to them when they had ordered a different model.  They never use it, and have just been toting it around in one of their storage bins.  I couldn’t believe it!  I was overwhelmed! 

_MG_8172

They brought it along tonight when they came over.  Yahooie Louie!!  I’m back in paddling business.  It’s hard to get my mind around the generosity of new found friends.  We have been following each other’s blogs for some time, but it’s the first time we met in person.  As I’ve said a number of times before, “ I get by with a little help from my friends.”

Anything else I saw or did today pales in comparison to this wonderful experience out here on the road.  Thank you again, Jeanne and Eldon.  I’m sure you can all guess what I’ll be doing tomorrow morning… pump, pump, pump, and then paddle, paddle, paddle!  Open-mouthed smile

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy