Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sometimes I’m a slow learner

Not much happening at Isaac Creek campground the last couple of days other than a falling tree limb taking out the water supply for a few hours.

IMG_7861

On one of our walks around the campground I came upon this lovely gazebo with four rocking chairs.  Since I’m struggling a bit with long walks due to my back and right hip, it was a welcome respite for Emma and me.  You know I love rockers, and what a pleasant setting to rock away the pain.  I’ve taken advantage of this rest stop several times.

It was time today to start packing things up again.  It’s been a very restful week, but I’m ready to move on.  I’ve decided to avoid the interstate, and take the road less traveled to get to Prairie Creek campground tomorrow.  I’m banking on a Sunday morning having less traffic on the twisty two lane road.  I hope I’m right.

_MG_7863 _MG_7864

I’ve been watching an orchard oriole begin building a hanging nest in some nearby Spanish moss the last couple of days.  I tried to get a picture of her hopping into it, but didn’t succeed.  I also didn’t succeed in putting in an arrow on the right pic to show you where she enters that moss.  Picnic just wouldn’t cooperate with me tonight.  I’ve really enjoyed watching all the avian goings on here.  I even had a hummer visit my feeder a few times before I took it down this evening.

One of the things I always do the day before a road trip is store away my DISH satellite.  I generally just watch some DVD I have in the evening before departure.  For some unknown reason, this afternoon a light bulb went off in my head.  My DISH receiver has a built in DVD recorder so I can watch pre-recorded shows without having to live through all the commercials.  I always thought that I had no access to pre-recorded shows unless my satellite was up and running.  I figured the shows were off in some cloud in the sky somewhere.  On a whim, I tried turning on the receiver this afternoon after I had packed the DISH, and sure enough I could watch my shows.  Uf-dah!  It only took me six years to figure that one out.  Slow learner??  I guess so!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy