Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I just wasn’t in the mood

My plans for today included driving into Little Rock, AR, to visit the President Clinton Library and Museum, and the State Capitol Building.  When I got up in the morning, I just wasn’t in the mood for that.  It’s kind of like shopping for me.  I have to be in the mood for it.  The thought of driving around a state capitol and finding a parking place just wasn’t my cup of tea this morning.  I’m glad I didn’t go because it would have been a feeling of dread rather than excitement.

IMG_2035

Instead, I just enjoyed Maumelle COE Park for most of the day.  I did head out for a while to visit Pickle Gap and Toad Suck, AR, but even those two places left me flat.  It just wasn’t one of those days when I could get into touring.

IMG_2036

Since I have a more secluded site in the woods, Emma and I did take a walk down to the banks of the Arkansas River.  It was a beautiful day with temps in the low 80’s, and a nice gentle breeze blowing.

IMG_2038

I guess it was a good day to catch some rays!  I’m supposed to increase the length of my walks each day, and most recently my back hasn’t been protesting too much.  That’s a good thing.  The hip is working just fine, so Emma and I pressed on.

IMG_2040

We hiked the nicely paved Nuttall Trail that weaves its way through the forest above the campground.  It’s a nice trail with benches as rest stops along the way to enjoy the sounds of all the birds.  If you’re a dog, there are plenty of smells, too, to keep things interesting.

My other chore today was to find a grocery store, and a place to fuel up the rig when I leave here on Thursday.  While I was out on the bust trip to Pickle Gap and Toad Suck, I came across a Walmart.  I would rather not shop there, but I didn’t find any other grocery store along the way.  As some of you may remember, finding a gas station that I can into and out of without any trauma is the thing that gives me the most heartburn of this life on the road.  I was able to find an acceptable Valero station not too far away.  The tank is now below 1/2, so that will be my first stop when I pull out.

IMG_2042

Things are peaceful here tonight.  Several folks left during the day, so I have the entire C loop to myself.  Emma and I finished our hike on the trail, and I was happy to see our home in the distance…

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy