Thursday, April 11, 2013

Letters/49

Dear Days, can you add a few more hours? I just can't seem to get everything done that I want to anymore. Dear Korean Coffee Shops, even though you're a dime a dozen here (seriously, there's a different one on every.single.corner) you do some things right. Like large pieces of bread covered in honey and whipped cream, and fantastic views of the harbor.
Dear Work, thank you for providing me views like this for my classrooms. Makes teaching at unGodly hours just a little bit better.
Dear Bamboo Forest, you're beautiful in every single way and provided hours of entertainment for us and my parents, but I don't quite understand this 'acupuncture bamboo walkway'.
Dear Readers, I've reached 500! I'm in shock, utter shock. Thank you so much for your continual support and comments. I'm convinced I have the best readers in the world.  Dear Friend, you make the best home-brewed beer I have ever tasted (this coming from a girl that hates the taste of beer) and you so kindly gave us enough to stock our fridge. We finally had a little 'taste-testing' the other night.
Dear Weekend, you're shaping up to be pretty darn good. Starting with taking a day off work to go up to Gyeongju to ride bikes through fields of flowers then heading down to Busan for a day of site seeing and much needed summer shopping. Now if only the weather would follow suit and warm up a bit. Dear Fabio, (yes, there is a Korean with the English Italian name of Fabio) you make, by far, the best Italian food I have ever tasted. I never thought that when coming to Korea, I would find a small hole in the wall restaurant with a chef that spends half of the year learning how to cook in Italy, then comes back to his restaurant in Korea for the other half of the year. Oh and he speaks a mix of Korean, English and Italian to you, it's amazing. Bravo sir.
I thought I would also add a quote that I found this week that I really like, maybe others would find it useful as well:

“You don’t ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn’t matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance — you don’t have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It’s one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and continues to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go.”
- Daniell Koepke

Happy weekend friends! Hope you have a restful one and hopefully the weather starts to warm up and actually act like spring!


Linking up with AshleyJeanLaurenKerryChrissy