Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Internet woes resolved?

Last night as I turned on the computer, I was able to connect to the internet through the volunteer village       Wi-Fi very briefly.  I got kicked off pretty quickly, and that was the end to that for the night.  When I tried to get back on this morning it was a no-go.  Uf-dah!  I was waiting for a new aircard to be delivered from Verizon, and now I couldn’t connect to the Wi-Fi.

IMG_1163

Tonight’s pics come from my amazing boat trip through the Okefenokee swamp on Sunday.  We saw lots of little blue herons.

Not having an internet connection was rather frustrating, and I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t connect to the Wi-Fi.  I messed around for a while trying to figure things out, which isn’t easy for a non-techie like me.  Then a light bulb went off in my head when I found something about restoring the computer to a previous date.  I gave it a try, and Viola!!  I could get back on the Wi-Fi. 

IMG_1120 (2)

On our trip through the swamp, we had a couple of hitchhikers join us.  There was this formidable looking insect and…

IMG_1356 IMG_1358

                        …this little tree frog hopped on board for a little ride.

Then this afternoon, I picked up my mail and the new aircard was delivered.  I really didn’t expect it to help much since the tech had said some people were experiencing problems if they used Windows 7.  That’s what I use, so I was shocked when I installed the new aircard and it got me back on. 

IMG_1185

                                      I wanted to see sandhill cranes on Sunday, and I got my wish!

Getting internet back two ways today made me feel like a beginning Rick protégée.  Surprised smile  I hope you know that’s really a joke…

IMG_1365 IMG_1360

It just wasn’t a pleasure cruise we were on Sunday, we had work to do.  I decided it was best for me to be a supervisor for the installation of this vent on top of the outhouse at Monkey Lake. Winking smile  Russell must be part monkey, because he got up on top to install the vent without the use of a ladder!

IMG_1362

While Russell worked away, I enjoyed the view from the boat of Monkey Lake.  The only way to get to these shelters is by canoe.  I reveled in the sound of all the cranes talking to each other while I drank in the serenity of this designated wilderness area.  I’m so grateful that my companions went out of their way to help me in and out of the boat so I could enjoy this experience.  It is very humbling to be handicapped and need to rely on the help of others to accomplish things that I’ve always taken for granted.  Again, “I Get Along With a Little Help From My Friends.”

IMG_1377

                     I leave you tonight with last night’s Okefenokee Swamp sunset.  What a place this is!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy