Monday, July 2, 2012

An addendum to “Lessons learned”

One of the lessons I didn’t have to learn over the last six years, was the importance of family and friends.  Without the support and joy of families and friends this journey would be lacking indeed. 

friends and family

Thanks to Rick, and his advice on how to do this, I’ve compiled a number of collages tonight while I took a stroll down memory lane of the people involved in my life over the last six years.

friends and family1

First up, of course, is family.  I’ve gone from one grandchild to five while I’ve been on the road, and gained two lovely daughters-in-law.

friends and family2

But, almost as important is the friends I’ve met and made in my travels.  Some are bloggers, some are not, some are volunteers, and some are not. 

friends and family3

Some are just interesting folks I’ve met along the way that I’ve managed to keep in touch with.  It’s that community on the road that helps keep me going.

friends and family4

Perhaps some of you will recognize yourselves in these collages.  Please know that you are all important to me.

friends and family5

I’ve had good times and chuckles with just about everyone depicted here.  How could you not enjoy a Mardi Gras parade and raw oysters?

friends and family6

Some folks have come off the road, and some folks haven’t.  Others never have been on the road, or are striving to get there.  And some friends seem to have four legs instead of two.  It’s all just a wonder to me.

As I’ve said a number of times before..♫ ♪ “I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends” ♪ ♫

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy