Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The case of the missing comments

When I first started writing this blog near the end of 2008, it was because of my oldest son’s prompting.  He knew that I kept a journal and thought others might be interested in my travels as well.  I doubted that, but took the plunge anyway.  I especially liked the fact that I could add pictures to my journal this way.

I think it was well over a year before I received comments from anyone other than the occasional remark by a relative.  In the meantime, I had started reading other RVers blogs, and would leave a comment now and then.  I guess that’s what got the ball rolling.  Now, receiving comments is an enjoyable part of my day, and gives me the incentive to continue posting. 

Lately, I’ve noticed the number of comments drifting downward.  I remember remarking out loud to Emma the other day that I guess my recent posts weren’t very interesting.  Traveling solo as I do, the blogging community out there allows me to have daily conversations with a variety of people.  I’m sure most of you understand what I’m saying.

Anyway, every time I change my header picture, I check my blog to be sure it posts.  That’s when I noticed the other night that the blog had received comments that I never got the email copy of.  That was a mystery to me, and I wondered how long that had been going on and what caused it.  So you know who I emailed to solve this mystery (Rick, of course).   His suggestion was to check my Gmail Spam box.  Viola!  There was a bucket full of comments that Gmail had decided were spam.  I don’t know why, but it seems any comment that Paul and Marti Dahl leave seemed to kick the spam thing into motion, and anything after gets deflected to spam on my email.  

So I spent the afternoon catching up on 57 spammed comments that I hadn’t read before.  Thanks to Rick, I believe the problem has been solved, but I’ll occasionally check that spam box to be sure.  I was certainly one happy camper to hear from all of my friends again.  Smile

Since I’ll be working the next four days, Emma and I just hung out at the rig today and didn’t do much of anything.  The temps stayed lower than 90 today, so it was quite pleasant for a change.  From what the weather guys are saying, it was a short respite.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy