Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A light at the end of the tunnel

At 7:00 this morning Emma and I were off for her first outs so she could attend to business.  When we returned to the rig, it was my turn to do the same.  Smile  Wouldn’t you know it, but while I was sitting contemplating the universe there was a knock at my door.  I got up as quickly as I could and made it to the door just as she was leaving.  It was the lady from the office, and she had rushed right over to let me know that she had just gotten off of the phone with the extended warranty people, and they had finally said YES to full coverage of the repairs!  (except for my $100 deductible)  Hip Hip Hoorah!!

Remember that they had also paid for two $700 tow jobs (through Coach Net), and will be putting out about $5000 for this brake job.  I just needed a whole lot of patience to get to this point.  That policy had already paid for itself before this unfortunate occurrence, so I’m really happy I have it.  (Even though it was a struggle)

In an optimistic moment yesterday, I had Austgen order the mother board in case XtraRide said yes.  It will take three or so days to get here, so maybe, just maybe, I’ll be back on the road by this weekend.  I sure hope so. 

With a little extra time on my hands lately, I decided to answer a Workamper News add the other day, and will be applying for a camp hosting assignment in the mountains of Colorado for next summer. 

IMG_3535

Getting a picture of myself and my rig was on my docket today after I calmed down from the good news.  I need to include a picture with my application.  Robyn and I were able to meet for lunch today, so I enlisted her to take the pic.  The lighting wasn’t very good, but it will have to do.  Well, that’s about all the news for today from this neck of the pavement.  I’m pretty sure I’ll sleep better tonight.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy