Sunday, October 30, 2011

You were right!

I was wrong.  Thank goodness enough of you left comments so I didn’t set my clocks back an hour last night.  Daylight Savings Time doesn’t end, and we don’t fall back on hour until next weekend.  In my defense, I looked on my calendar, and end DST was printed on yesterday’s square.  I have my brother, Carl, to thank for that.  He made the calendar that I have hanging on my fridge.  Maybe he was just trying to add a little excitement to my dull life??  If so, he succeeded. 

IMG_3809Emma and I were up early this morning to view the sunrise on her first outs.  Yesterday I had thought to head over to the Skillern Tract to view the morning exodus of egrets and cormorants from the roosting area, but I really had to take care of some laundry chores in the morning.  I was scheduled to work in the VIS (Visitor’s Information Station) this afternoon, so I couldn’t do both.  The laundry won out.

As usual for this time of the year, it was a slow day.  Only had 21 people stop in, and very few sales. 

_MG_3814I did find another butterfly species stopping in the garden before I headed back inside because the mosquitoes had found some fresh meat on my exposed arms.  It was a wonderful day weather wise, but there wasn’t much bird activity in the afternoon.

IMG_3811

I leave you tonight with another shot of today’s sunrise.  I have tomorrow off, and will make a trip to Beaumont to stock up on supplies and try to get a haircut.  Haircuts are always a challenge on the road.  That will add a little excitement to my day!  Smile

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy