Thursday, October 20, 2011

Made it to Missouri

By this morning, the rain had blown away, but there was still quite a breeze outside.  I decided to chance it, and left about 11:00.  I normally leave a lot earlier on a travel day, but since I only planned to drive about 80 miles, it was early enough.  It only took about an hour and a half to get to Sikeston, MO, but I’d had enough by then anyway as the winds increased as I reached my destination.

63 On the way to Anahuac, 201116

I took a few pictures before I left the Marion Campground & RV Park.   After my experience here, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.  On the minus side, the sites are close together and there is definitely road noise from I-57.  On the plus side, all sites are full hookup with cable and wifi.  There is a large area to walk your dog with poop bags provided.  The laundry is $1.00/load to wash or dry, and the showers were very clean with individually locking doors.  But that is just the ordinary outside appearance.

_MG_3681Julie Ross, the manager, makes this an outstanding place to stop in my opinion.  I believe she went above and beyond normal expectations to make my stay as pleasant as possible under the circumstances.  To begin with, after finding out about my refrigerator problems she sent the fax of my receipt to Samsung three different times.  Then when it came time to check out this morning, she shocked me with my bill.  Upon arrival, I had paid for one night’s stay at a little over $27 with the Escapees discount.  I then ended up staying an additional 7 nights as I worked through the issues with Samsung.  The weekly rate here is $170.  This morning’s bill was $110, and she refused to charge me for the 12 bags of ice I have consumed in my time here!   Talk about a campground manager with an Escapees heart.  Wow!  Thank you Julie Ross.  I hope anyone traveling through this neck of the woods will give this campground their support.

After setting up here at Hinton RV Park in Sikeston, I played around on the computer for a while, and then I had the office call the shuttle to take me to Lambert’s.  Every commenter that suggested you get way too much food is correct.  I really wish I could have ordered off of the kid’s menu.  I was able to even catch a hot roll thrown to me across the room.  Smile  And it was definitely hot.  Tomorrow, my plan is to push on into Mississippi just south of Memphis.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy